Wednesday 26 March 2014

New, Old Friends?!



Lets just say I'm not use to having Saturday nights in the house, but I never had any plans and my friend invited me down for a game of scat with her, her boyfriend, and her four grandparents. So, I opened up my options on a acceptable saturday and thats how I ended up having a grand ol' time on three dollars! 

I'm not quite sure how it happened but let me just say she ended up with two of the funniest grandfathers ever. The whole night they were picking on me and it was hilarious. Her grandmother offered me a glass of green apple wine, I accepted, it was delicious by the way. Yes, I know drinking twice in one week doesn't really go well with trying to quit drinking but I have a new theory. Which I will attempt to explain below.

Types of Drinking: 

1. Drinking to get drunk. - It is exactly how it sounds.

2. Having a social drink. - not to get a buzz, outdo others, gain personality or even to help be more social. It's to simply have a drink in a small social setting.


(LOL)

When I say, have a social drink, I don't mean fifty social drinks. I mean everyone's having a drink and someone offers you a drink, you say yes and that's the end of it. This journey of mine is about finding a reasonable limit. Even tho I drank twice that week I was ok with the amount and the reason why, and I didn't feel one bit guilty. 


...Later on that night...

Not actual photo, but similar idea, only it was night and stormy.

My SO (significant other) showed up after scat and we went for a snowmobile ride with my family over to the cabin. Which, I hate doing because I don't believe it's even slightly necessary for everyone to get wasted and drive high powered machinery, in the dead middle of Canadian winter, with no means of communication, and the nearest town being a twenty minute skidoo cruise away. Anyways, I went and was offered beer plenty of time but I didn't accept any of the offers, and imagine this I had a great time, minus alcohol! Can't even say how proud of myself I am.







No comments:

Post a Comment