Sunday 9 March 2014

Hot Chocolate Anyone!

Wait where'd all my friend go?


Week 2: OK so it's amazing how many friends you can manage to loose from simply not drinking. I decided this weekend I wouldn't drink alcohol, at all! Not to my surprise friends haven't came around much. So, first off went sledding to a few cabins with the man, at one cabin I was actually told that I should get myself a beer because apparently I was contrary. Umm, oops. I wasn't actually mad at all I was having a great time up until that comment. Oh well. One friend, I guess, won't be around my contrary ass when I'm sober! I even turned down my friend for drinks at the bar, I told her I'd go for company but, I wasn't drinking and she said "oh well I'll let you know", guess what!? She never did get back to me on that. Then I decided to pick up yoga as a way to spend time with another friend that's going well. It's nice to have a non drinking activity to occupy my weekend. But, on another note, guess how much I've seen of my boyfriend, who actively drinks I might mention, ZERO! Haven't seen him right in a few days. What'd I do today you might ask! Well I went for a family boil up in the  woods my usual beer was switched up with some hot chocolate! Much tastier!


4 comments:

  1. Great start - it's a lifestyle change and there are lots of flashing signs urging you to stick with the drink. Keep writing and keep sober - there's plenty of people out there who share what your going through.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the words of encouragement! I didn't even think I'd have anyone reading this. It was more of a commitment I'd have to keep to help keep me on track, but I'm so glad I do actually have people reading my journey!

      Delete
  2. Good on you. Keep it up. i dont mind a drink now and then but too many people take it to the extreme.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree completely! In moderation booze is fine. Thanks for viewing my blog!

      Delete